For every dollar donated to PROCURE, 93 cents directly go to the fight against prostate cancer, of which 59 cents directly go to research.
- 6.1M $ invested in research in Quebec since 2007
- 4 000 biological specimens in the PROCURE Biobank
Support and Information
- Free 24/7 support line
- 5000 calls/emails froms patients and their loved ones
- Large scale campaigns (ex: Bowvember)
- 300 conferences given about prostate cancer
Did you know? 95% of tumors detected early are cured
As the disease is often asymptomatic and surrounded by unfounded taboos, men are still reluctant to seek an annual screening test from their doctor (blood test APS and rectal examination).
Simple and fast, this test can detect cancer tumors at an early stage, which greatly improves the success rate of treatments.
Prostate cancer in Quebec
- 4600 men are diagnosed each year
- 12 men per day
- 900 men die of prostate cancer every year in Quebec
- 3rd cause of cancer death
- 24% of new cancer cases
- 40% of diagnoses affect men aged 60-69
- Only 56% of Quebeckers know that prostate cancer affects only men ...
Video testimony of our Bowvember 2016 Ambassadors
I want to register